A Glitter and Foil Crown Craft for Kids
Kids love to use glitter - which is always amazing in arts and crafts! This sparkly crown needs lots of glitter and is fun for kids to wear to celebrate the New Year.
This post contains affiliate links.
Celebrating an event such as New Year's Eve with the kids makes the holiday even more special.
This glitter crown craft provides a fun opportunity for some awesome creativity and imaginative play!
1. Start with a piece of aluminum foil approximately 12 in. x 20 in. (30 cm x 51 cm) or long enough to fit around your child's head.
2. Fold the long side over three times to make a 2 inch band. The top 2 inches will become the tips of the crown. (see below)
3. Trace shapes onto foil and cut them out to make "jewels" to decorate the crown.
4. Transfer a pattern onto the foil for the tips of the crown, or simply draw them by hand. I used a paper crown that came in a holiday popper!
5. Cut out the pattern to form the top of the crown.
6. Spread glue on the foil shapes and sprinkle glitter over the glue to make "jewels". This is a great fine motor activity!
7. Glue the "jewels" to the band.
8. Tape the ends together and your glitter crown is ready for New Year's Eve celebrations.
What would you add to the activity for pretend play - a magic wand? a cape?
Let your imagination explore the possibilities with your child.
Visit our New Year's Activities Pinterest board for more exciting projects to celebrate the New Year.
More New Year's Eve family activities
Slime / Little Bins for Little Hands
Scavenger Hunt / Buggy and Buddy
Bingo / Playdough to Plato
Musical Game / Let's Play Kids Music
Year in Review Questionnaire / The Resourceful Mama