Christmas Nativity Craft for Kids
Making a Christmas nativity is a wonderful way for you and the kids to celebrate this special holiday together. Use materials you have on hand to complete this craft project, then display the nativity scene where it can be enjoyed by all the family.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Plastic yogurt bottles
- Fabric for head scarf: cut a circle or an oval
- Fabric for garment: cut as shown in the photo
- Wood peg
- Craft eyes (optional)
- Narrow trim
- Craft sticks
- Raffia or similar
1. Wrap the garment around the bottle and tape to secure (or spread glue around the neck of the bottle).
2. Secure the head scarf to top of the bottle with an elastic.
3. Cut craft sticks in half. Glue together as shown, making an X.
4. Stabilize the craft sticks in modeling clay.
5. Cut a manger from flat or corrugated cardboard.
6. Cut straw into small pieces to fill manger.
7. Cover the elastic around the head scarf with washi tape or narrow ribbon.
8. Fill the manger with straw. Cover the child with a small cloth blanket.
Now you are ready to display your Christmas nativity. Enjoy all season long!
Visit our Christmas Pinterest board for more Christmas crafts and activities.