Sparkling Star Christmas Ornament Craft for Kids
This sparkling star is fun to make with glitter and glue. Watch it sparkle and shine on the Christmas tree this holiday season. Toddlers and preschoolers will love making star ornaments to decorate the tree, or give as gifts to friends and family members.
This post contains affiliate links. Privacy and Disclosure
Sometimes the easiest crafts are the most fun to do, especially when there's glitter! We've used glitter - or confetti - on a variety of Christmas crafts, including a snowball ornament, a pine cone ornament, and a Christmas tree table decoration.
Kids can dive into this activity with few instructions. And the results are so beautiful kids will want to make stars for everyone!
Sparkling star craft
1. Cut star shapes from glitter foam sheets, or use store-bought foam stars.
If you don't have a star shape template in your craft box, you can probably find one on a greeting card, wrapping paper or store flyer. You might have star shaped cookie cutters. Or you and the kids can draw them!
Provide pre-cut star shapes for younger children. Older kids can trace, or draw, then cut out the shapes.
2. Spread glue on the stars with glue sticks.
3. Sprinkle gold or silver glitter or confetti flakes on the stars.
- Shake glitter from the container, or pour some in a dish and pick up the flakes between pinched fingers for an excellent fine motor activity.
4. Make a loop with a piece of narrow ribbon or chenille stem. Attach a loop to the back of each star with tape.
Your sparkling stars will glitter and shine on the Christmas tree!
Star ornament crafts from kid-friendly bloggers
Personalized Star Ornaments from Powerful Mothering
Santa Star Christmas Ornament from Buggy and Buddy
Happy Star Ornaments from The Craft Train
Mess-Free Sparkling Ornaments from Uno Zwei Tutu
Spice Jar Lid Star Ornament from Fireflies and Mudpies
Visit our Christmas Pinterest board.