How to Make a Santa with a Fluffy Beard Christmas Ornament
What do you love most about Santa? His rosy cheeks? His twinkling eyes? This activity puts the spotlight on his fabulous fluffy white beard. This Santa ornament will be your favorite decoration on the Christmas tree this year!
"The beard on his chin was as white as the snow."
Everyone will want a close up look at your Santa with a fluffy beard. But remind visitors not to tug on the whiskers!
This post contains affiliate links.
- Curly Chenille Pipe Cleaner - cut to 12 in. (30cm) in length
* I bought these at a Michaels craft store but the link below is another option.
- Craft foam sheet - cut a circle 4 in.(10 cm) in diameter; poke holes on both sides.
- Small red pompom - or dip a pink pompom in red paint as we did!
- Cotton balls - pull apart to make the mustache and hat trim.
- Red felt - cut a triangle for the hat.
- Craft eyes
- Washable Fingerpaint, Red - Crayola fingerpaint
1. Push the two ends of the chenille stem through the holes in the foam circle.
2. Hook the ends together at the back to form a hanger for the Christmas tree.
"His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry."
3. Glue a strip of fluffy cotton onto the face for the mustache.
4. Dip a cotton swab in red paint and dab onto the face to make cheeks and a mouth.
- or -
Help your child finger paint the cheeks!
5. Glue the trim to the hat.
6. Glue the hat and craft eyes to the face and your Santa is done!
This cheerful Santa with the fluffy beard will be the main attraction on your Christmas tree this year!
Find this post and ideas from other creative bloggers at 30 Days of Homemade Kid Ornaments
More Christmas ornament crafts from kid-friendly bloggers
Cookie Cutter Ornament from Books and Giggles
Santa Hat Christmas Ornament from Buggy and Buddy
Frosty the Snowman Ornament from the Resourceful Mama
Homemade Time Capsule Ornament from Playdough and Popsicles
LEGO Initial Christmas Ornament from Raising Little Superheroes
with exciting activities for a merry and bright holiday season!
Makes a great gift for family or friends!
Visit our Christmas on Pinterest for more holiday crafts and activities!