Colorful Spring Flowers Craft for Kids
You'll be delighted to welcome Spring with the colorful flowers kids make in this fun painting activity. And you'll be even more delighted with the easy setup using simple materials such as corrugated cardboard and straws.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies for cardboard flowers:
- corrugated cardboard
- construction paper
Instructions for cardboard flowers:
1. Cut 3" (8cm) circles from corrugated cardboard. This type of cardboard gives the flowers texture and depth.
2. Paint with pretty colors. Allow to dry.
3. Make two holes in the middle of the circle. Cut slits around the circle to make 8 petals.
3. Insert a straw through the center holes for a stem.
4. Spread glue over the portion of the straw which shows in the center of the flower.
5. Sprinkle glitter over the glue for pollen.
6. Cut out leaves and glue to the straw.
Spread signs of Spring around your home by filling vases with these pretty cardboard kid-made flowers. All that is missing is the scent!