Valentine Flower Garden Craft for Kids
Kids can make a flower garden decoration for Valentine's Day with a few everyday craft supplies. Why wait for spring to create a beautiful garden? Plant your pretend Valentine garden today!
Privacy and Disclosure
for information on cookies and affiliates
Supplies for Valentine garden
Instructions for Valentine garden
1. Trim a piece of foam to the desired size for the base. Use pinking shears if available to make a crinkled edge.
2. Paint the foam green.
We combined blue and yellow paint to make green since we only had a neon green on hand and it didn't seem to suit this craft.
Mixing paint colors is another learning opportunity for kids!
3. Cut heart shapes with edger scissors to make petals and leaves.
4. Cut the green hearts in half length-wise to make leaves.
5. Paint craft stick stems with green paint, or color them with green markers or crayons.
6. Glue the petals and leaves to the stems.
7. Make cuts in the foam with a craft knife to insert the flowers.
Why wait for spring to plant flowers? Make a Valentine garden today and enjoy!
Visit our Valentine's Day on Pinterest
More Valentine fun!
Paper Heart and Straw Flowers / Fireflies and Mudpies
Wax Resist Valentine Cards / Happy Hooligans
Fingerprint Heart Valentines Day Tree / Arty Crafty Kids
You Make My Heart Flutter Valentine Craft / Teaching Mama