Flower Garden Kids Craft for Valentine's Day
Kids can make a flower garden decoration for Valentine's Day with a few everyday craft supplies. Why wait for spring to create a beautiful garden? Plant your pretend Valentine garden today!
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies for Valentine garden
Instructions for Valentine garden
1. Trim a piece of foam to the desired size with pinking shears to make a crinkled edge.
2. Paint the foam green.
We combined blue and yellow paint to make green since we only had a neon green on hand and it didn't seem to suit this craft. Mixing paint colors is another learning opportunity for kids!
3. Cut heart shapes with edger scissors to make petals and leaves for the flowers.
4. Cut the green hearts in two length-wise to make leaves.
5. Paint the stems with green paint, or color them with green markers or crayons.
6. Glue the petals and leaves to the stems.
7. Make cuts in the foam to insert the flowers.
Why wait for spring to plant flowers? Make a Valentine garden today and enjoy!
Visit our Valentine's Day on Pinterest
More Valentine fun!
Paper Heart and Straw Flowers / Fireflies and Mudpies
Wax Resist Valentine Cards / Happy Hooligans
Fingerprint Heart Valentines Day Tree / Arty Crafty Kids
You Make My Heart Flutter Valentine Craft / Teaching Mama