Pretty Valentine Garden Preschool Craft
Kids can easily make this fun flower garden craft for Valentine's Day. The activity is simple to set up with everyday materials and a recyclable. Why wait for spring - plant your pretend Valentine garden today!
Privacy and Disclosure
for information on cookies and affiliates
Kids can create a beautiful garden craft with heart shaped flowers. This activity combines painting and paper cutting to make a garden with a Valentine theme.
The activity supports fine motor skills (cutting, gluing) and math and creative skills (counting, sorting, designing).
Add this fun activity to your daily schedule for preschool or kindergarten.
Valentine garden craft
This eco-friendly paper craft is easy to set up with craft sticks and recycled chair foam.
The scalloped edge on the flowers adds a dainty touch to the flower petals!
1. Cut a piece of foam to the desired size for the base. Use pinking shears if preferred to make a crinkled edge.
2. Paint the foam green. We combined blue and yellow paint to make green since we only had a neon green on hand and it didn't seem to suit this craft. Mixing paint colors is another learning opportunity for kids!
3. Cut out heart shapes with edger scissors to make petals and leaves. Cut the green hearts in half length-wise to make leaves.
4. Paint craft stick stems with green paint, or color them with green markers or crayons.
5. Glue the petals and leaves to the stems.
6. Make slits in the foam with a craft knife (grownups can do this) or make snips in the foam with scissors (kids can try this).
7. Insert the flowers.
Why wait for spring to plant flowers? Make a Valentine garden today and enjoy!
Visit our Valentine's Day Board on Pinterest
More Valentine fun!
Paper Heart and Straw Flowers / Fireflies and Mudpies
Wax Resist Valentine Cards / Happy Hooligans
Fingerprint Heart Valentines Day Tree / Arty Crafty Kids
You Make My Heart Flutter Valentine Craft / Teaching Mama