Pretty Valentine Garden Preschool Craft
Kids can make a flower garden decoration for Valentine's Day with a few everyday craft supplies. Why wait for spring to create a beautiful garden when you can plant your pretend Valentine garden today!
Privacy and Disclosure
for information on cookies and affiliates
Kids can create a beautiful Valentine garden with paper hearts. This eco-friendly craft is easy to set up with paper scraps, popsicle sticks and recycled chair foam.
Valentine garden craft
This activity combines painting and paper cutting to make a garden with a Valentine theme. The activity supports fine motor skills (cutting, gluing) and math and creative skills (counting,sorting, designing).
The scalloped edge on the flowers adds a dainty touch to the flower petals!
Supplies for Valentine garden
Instructions for Valentine garden
1. Cut a piece of foam to the desired size for the base. Use pinking shears if preferred to make a crinkled edge.
2. Paint the foam green. We combined blue and yellow paint to make green since we only had a neon green on hand and it didn't seem to suit this craft. Mixing paint colors is another learning opportunity for kids!
3. Cut out heart shapes with edger scissors to make petals and leaves. Cut the green hearts in half length-wise to make leaves.
4. Paint craft stick stems with green paint, or color them with green markers or crayons.
5. Glue the petals and leaves to the stems.
6. Make slits in the foam with a craft knife (grownups can do this) or make snips in the foam with scissors (kids can try this).
7. Insert the flowers.
Why wait for spring to plant flowers? Make a Valentine garden today and enjoy!
Visit our Valentine's Day Board on Pinterest
More Valentine fun!
Paper Heart and Straw Flowers / Fireflies and Mudpies
Wax Resist Valentine Cards / Happy Hooligans
Fingerprint Heart Valentines Day Tree / Arty Crafty Kids
You Make My Heart Flutter Valentine Craft / Teaching Mama