Spooky Spider Fun and Easy Halloween Craft
Witches and cats, spiders and bats - Halloween crafts are good un-scary fun! This spooky black spider is easy to make and so is his spooky spider web.
This post contains affiliate links.
This might be called a spooky spider activity but this spider actually looks quite friendly! Kids can have fun making the spider, then help the spider spin his web.
Supplies for the spider
- black paint
- craft eyes
- disposable cup
- pompoms or felt or furry fabric (black felt circles on Amazon)
Instructions for the spider
1. Paint: Place the cup upside down on a foam tray. Turn the tray as you paint so you can reach all areas of the cup without getting your fingers in the paint! Steady the cup by placing your pointer finger on the top as you paint.
2. When the paint is dry, hole punch four times around the open rim of the cup.
3. Spider legs: Cut four chenille stems in half to make them just the right length for the spider legs. Push a chenille stem through one of the holes and twist in the middle to secure it to the cup while at the same time forming two legs . Bend the ends up.
4. Complete the spider: Glue pompoms (or a round piece of furry fabric as shown) to the top of the spider's head.
5. Glue on two craft eyes.
This spooky spider is ready to spin his web! See the instructions below.
Supplies for the web
- black paint
Instructions for the spider web
1. Cut a piece of white paper to fit inside a shallow bake pan.
2. Drop a bit of black paint into the center of the pan.
3. Roll a marble around inside the pan through the paint, making thin crisscrossing lines resembling a spider web.
This Halloween craft wasn't scary at all! And the spider and his web are ready for Halloween fun!
Be sure to visit the Made for Kids linky party !
Find more crafts and activities on our Halloween Pinterest board.