Singing Snowman Recycled Coffee Lid Craft for Kids
A cute snowman craft is easy to make with a recycled coffee cup lid. Join these little snowmen in singing a happy tune as you make a fun winter snowman craft.
Privacy and Disclosure for information on cookies and affiliates
Do you have a favorite snowman craft?
How about a favorite snowman song?
Let's put the two together for some fun hands-on learning with the kids.
Crafts just seem to go better with a song, and this fun winter activity is no exception.
For many of us, a favorite song (and story) is Frosty the Snowman. (affiliate link)
Frosty is always popular with grownups and kids. But there are other fun snowman songs you can enjoy with your preschooler.
Start up a fun sing-along as you make this cute little snowman craft!
This craft is easy to make with a recyclable and everyday craft supplies. Kids will benefit from engaging those early fine motor skills as they work on their snowman craft.
Start the music and join in the fun!
Snowman coffee cup lid craft
Supplies for snowman craft
Some coffee cup lids have a flip top like the one in the picture. I flipped the tab back and secured it in place to make the craft. Use any lid you have available for this craft.
Instructions for snowman craft
Step 1. Make the scarf.
- Trace the bottom half of the lid onto plain paper.
- Remove the lid and fill in the drawing by hand to make a scarf template. Cut out the template. Transfer the template to felt.
Step 2. Make the facial features.
- Cut out eyes and a carrot nose from paper.
- Cut out the scarf from felt using the template made in step 2.
- Draw small musical notes by hand, or download and print musical notes.
Step 3. Set out the cutouts and glue to make the snowman craft.
These snowmen are singing a happy winter tune!
Kids can have fun adding the features, or cut out their own features to create a unique snowman.
- The mouth cutout on the left is glued to the front of the cup.
- The mouth cutout on the right is glued to the back of the cup as shown in the photo below.
The mouth cutout can be glued to the back of the cup over the small opening made by the flip tab.
This might just become a favorite snowman craft for your early learner.
Have you found a favorite snowman song?
Keep the singing going to inspire more winter crafts with your preschooler.
MORE WINTER FUN!