Easy Locomotive Kids Craft using Recyclables
A locomotive craft is easy for kids to make with recyclables and craft paint. The sights and sounds of the locomotive will soon be part of some awesome pretend play.
This post contains affiliate links. Privacy and Disclosure
Can you hear the locomotive chugging down the track? It's all part of the fun with this homemade locomotive.
This simple painting activity is sure to be a winner with kids. And you'll love reusing throw-away items in a fun, hands-on activity.
Supplies for locomotive:
- long cracker box
- water bottle
- black paint
Instructions for locomotive:
1. Cut out a section of the cracker box as shown in the photo.
2. Paint the cracker box and water bottle black.
3. When the paint is dry, place the water bottle inside the box.
4. Cut wheels, a headlight, and windows from construction paper. Glue to the locomotive.
5. Paint an empty thread spool for a smokestack.
Your locomotive is ready to chug down the track!
This locomotive activity is easy to set up with just a few materials, but provides lots of fun with cutting, gluing and painting.
You can make a simple train track with a piece of cardboard and a black marker as shown in the photo. We made a train track with black tape on a big piece of cardboard. There is lots of room around the track for a train station, passengers, and even a pond.