Beautiful Christmas Angel Family Craft
You and the kids will love making this Christmas angel, especially when you discover how the wings are made. With some recyclables and easy instructions, you'll soon have a beautiful angel to display this Christmas.
This post contains affiliate links. Privacy and Disclosure
This angel craft is fun to make, and can be enjoyed as a beautiful keepsake.
Simple instructions and large photos will guide you through the tutorial.
You can easily substitute your own craft materials once you see how the angel is made.
Enjoy the activity, especially making the special angel wings!
dish detergent bottle gold or silver fabric
white foam sheet narrow ribbon
chenille stem cotton fluff
hole punch foam ball
craft eyes glitter
1. Cut out a fabric circle 22 - 24 in.(60 cm.) in diameter (or to fit the height of the bottle).
2. Make a hole in the middle of the fabric circle to fit over the neck of the bottle.
3. Place the fabric over the bottle.
4. Press the foam ball firmly onto the top of the bottle.
5. Trace your child's hands on the foam sheet to make the angel's wings.
6. Cut out the hands without indenting the fingers all the way.
7. Spread glue on the hands and shake glitter onto the glue.
8. Hole punch through both thumbs.
9. Loop a long piece of narrow ribbon through the holes in the thumbs as shown.
10. Draw the thumbs together so that one hole overlaps the other.
11. Wrap the ribbon around the neck of the bottle and secure with a bow.
12. Glue some hair and craft eyes to the head.
13. Paint or draw a tiny mouth.
14. Make a halo with the chenille stem and place on top of the hair.
Note: Reverse the hands before adding the glitter so the hand prints can be seen!
Display your Christmas angel for everyone to enjoy!
Find this and more kids activities from family-friendly bloggers on the Made for Kids Linky Party hosted by The Resourceful Mama.
Visit our Christmas Pinterest board for more holiday crafts and activities.