How to Make Shamrock Paintings with Preschoolers
We love celebrating St. Patrick's Day, especially with fun crafts and activities. You might already be saving empty egg cartons for Easter activities. Recycle one for this shamrock painting activity for St. Patrick's Day. You can even make a four-leaf clover!
This post contains affiliate links. See our disclaimer for full disclosure.
Supplies needed for the Shamrock Painting Activity:
- green paint
- egg carton
- green marker
- paint brush
Instructions for Shamrock Painting Activity
1. Cut three sections from the egg carton so the three cups remained attached.
2. Press firmly in green paint. Wiggle the egg cups around to coat thoroughly with paint.
3. Press egg carton stamp onto paper.
4. Wiggle your fingers as you press down to spread the paint around a bit, forming the petals of the shamrock.
5. Complete the shamrock with a stem using a marker or paintbrush.
Four-leaf clover option: separate 4 egg carton cups for the stamp instead of 3.
Decorate your home or classroom with lots of shamrocks to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day!
More shamrock activities from kid-friendly bloggers!
Shamrock Art Project from The Resourceful Mama
Pipe Cleaner Shamrock from Gift of Curiosity
Mosaic Paper Shamrocks from Happiness is Homemade
Shamrock Window Craft from Hands On As We Grow
Visit our St. Patrick's Pinterest Board.