Spring Flowers Craft for Kids Using Foam Cutouts
Use foam cutouts to create a bouquet of spring flowers. Kids will love making these beautiful flowers as a gift for Mother's Day or a birthday.
This post contains affiliate links.
This beautiful bouquet can be made with just a few simple steps.
- green paint
- hole punch
- paper fasteners
- foam for flowers, leaves and stems (see below)
I cut strips for the stems from a 1 inch chair cushion foam.
I used precut shapes from the dollar store for the flowers. I drew leaves on a craft foam sheet to cut out.
1. Paint the foam stems. Allow to dry. The stems have a tendency to curl a bit after they are painted so you can place them under a heavy book to straighten if necessary.
2. Attach the stem to the flower with a paper fastener.
3. Cut a leaf from a sheet of green craft foam. Hole punch the leaf twice and insert a green straw as shown in the photo.
4. Place flowers in a plastic vase. Display for all to enjoy.
This bouquet is a beautiful gift and a welcome sign of spring!