Mother's Day Preschool Craft Using Foam Cutouts
Use foam cutouts to create a bouquet of spring flowers. Kids will love making these pretty flowers as a gift for Mother's Day, a birthday, or a special event.
This post contains affiliate links. Privacy and Disclosure
Flowers are a fun spring time craft for kids. The colors and textures of the season can be carried over to arts and crafts activities, for creative fine motor and sensory play.
And homemade flowers are always a perfect gift for kids to give a special friend or family member, any time of year.
Related: Beautiful Flower Crafts for Kids
- green paint
- hole punch
- paper fasteners
- craft foam sheets and cut-outs
- chair foam
1. Cut strips from chair cushion foam to be used as stems.
2. Paint the foam stems. Allow to dry.
The stems have a tendency to curl a bit after they are painted. Place them under a heavy book to straighten if necessary.
3. Use craft foam cut-outs from the dollar store for the flowers, or cut shapes from sheets of craft foam.
4. Attach the stem to the flower with a paper fastener.
5. Draw leaves on a craft foam sheet and cut out.
6. Hole punch the leaf twice and insert a green straw as shown in the photo.
7. Glue bits of yellow craft foam to the center of each flower for pollen.
Place flowers and leaves in a plastic vase. Display for all to enjoy.
This bouquet is a beautiful gift and a welcome sign of spring!
Mother's Day and Spring on Pinterest.