Halloween Broomstick Craft for Kids
Halloween just wouldn't be complete without witches and broomsticks. This simple broomstick craft is fun for kids to make for a Halloween decoration.
This post contains affiliate links. Privacy and Disclosure
Halloween is all witches in tall black hats flying through the air on broomsticks. What could be more fun for pretend play than a broomstick!
This one is simple to make with burlap. Kids will love pulling threads from the burlap, and they'll be getting some fine motor work as they play!
A broomstick is a perfect decoration for Halloween night, or fun to add to a costume.
- wooden dowel
- masking tape
- burlap fabric
- black fabric.
This dowel measure 12 inches (30 cm) in length. You can easily apply the instructions to any size dowel or stick you choose for the broomstick.
1. Cut piece of burlap approximately half as long as the dowel and 10 in. (25 cm) wide.
2. Unravel the burlap from the bottom to make the "bristles".
3. Leave a tab, approximately 2 in. (5 cm), then unravel a few rows at the top as shown in the diagram.
4. Place the dowel along the full length of the fabric and roll it up.
5. Secure with tape and add a decorative bow.
No witch should be left without a broom on Halloween night. Make this fun broomstick for a Halloween decoration or add it to a witch costume.
Do you have a favorite Halloween witch that needs a broomstick?
One little, two little, three little witches
Fly over haystacks, fly over ditches
Slide down the moon without any hitches
Heigh-ho Halloween's here!
Find more crafts and activities on our
Halloween Pinterest board.