Halloween Craft Stick Art for Kids
This creative art activity is filled with the sights of Halloween night. Kids can create pictures with pumpkins and ghosts and other Halloween characters to illustrate this special event.
This post contains affiliate links. Privacy and Disclosure
Halloween is filled with strange and wonderful sights! Some of them are included in traditional school or family activities.
Most are fun for kids, but some can be scary and unfamiliar.
The Berenstain Bears series of books has a variety of Halloween themed books that deal with the fun - and fright - of Halloween night. Here are a few of the titles.
Halloween art activity
The sights and sounds of Halloween show up all around us early in the fall season. Kids see signs of Halloween in the costumes and candy displayed at the shopping mall; in the stories you read at circle time; in special games played at the class party.
Kids can share their ideas about Halloween with the artwork they create.
This simple Halloween Night art activity lets kids imagine not-too-spooky ghosts, grinning jack-o-lanterns, and a dark sky. Kids can even create new characters to highlight Halloween night.
Supplies for a Halloween art activity
Instructions for Halloween craft
1. Paint craft sticks white for a picket fence. Allow to dry.
- Kids may want to use other paint colors on the craft sticks. Follow their lead as they prepare the fence for the Halloween characters.
2. Glue the painted craft sticks to construction paper to make a fence.
- The fence is just a starting point to spark creativity. Kids should be supported if they choose to use the craft sticks in other ways - a house, a bridge, a door or window for example.
- Provide the option of other colors of construction paper for the background, such as purple or dark blue.
3. Glue tree, ghost and pumpkin cutouts to the construction paper.
- Pre-cut shapes and characters for kids if preferred.
- Provide paper for kids to draw and cut out other symbols and characters such as witches hats, black cats and owls.
- You could also provide self-adhesive stickers for this activity.
This Halloween Night art activity is easy to set up and needs little instruction.
Once the craft sticks are in place, kids can use their imaginations to choose cutouts, design layouts, and glue characters in place to make their pictures.
Art sessions provide opportunities for kids to reflect on their unique experiences. Talk about the ideas and images they choose as they engage with the materials. This will support skills development as they play and learn.