Sensory Fun Snowball Ornament Kids Can Make
This simple activity is simply fun! Kids will love hanging this soft fluffy ornament on the Christmas tree. And making a snowball ornament combines fine motor and sensory play for preschoolers as they lace up cotton balls, tie ribbons, and squish the snowball ornament in their hands!
This post contains affiliate links. Privacy and Disclosure
Toddlers and preschoolers will love how these snowballs feel, and how pretty they look decorating the Christmas tree.
Supplies for snowball ornament
- cotton balls
- narrow ribbon
1. Thread cotton balls onto a length of yarn. Don't worry if the needle doesn't push through neatly - the fluffier the better when making a snowball ornament.
2. Tie the two yarn ends together, drawing the cotton balls into a circle.
3. Once the cotton balls are drawn snugly together, tie the ends of yarn to make a hanger.
4. Now comes the fun part! Squish the cotton balls in your palm - or use two hands! - to shape the snowball just the way you want it.
5. Add a decorative bow with narrow ribbon.
Have you squished the snowball to look just the way you want it!
Now you can decorate the Christmas tree with this soft and fluffy snowball ornament.
Find this craft along with resources from other family bloggers at The Resourceful Mama Kid Craft Challenge.
Visit our Snow and Snowmen Pinterest board for more crafts and activites.