Simple Valentine Counting Game for Kids
Holidays and special events add a festive touch to games and activities, and Valentine's Day is no exception! In this Valentine activity, kids sort, count, and match heart shapes, using a set of Valentine cards you can easily make.
This post contains affiliate links.
Valentine's Day games are fun for kids at home or at school.
For math games, make a set of heart shaped number cards. Here are the instructions:
Instructions for making a set of numbered cards for the Valentine Counting Game.
1. Cut 10 heart shapes from white card stock.
2. Number the cards from 1 to 10.
3. To outline the cards with a red border, tape a slightly smaller heart onto the card and color in the edge with red marker.
4. Draw small heart shapes on the back of each card to correspond with the numeral on the front.
5. Cut small heart shapes from red card stock to match the size of the hearts on the back of the cards.
6. Laminate the cards with self-adhesive clear protective liner for durability.
How to play the Valentine Counting Game:
- Place the large Valentine cards in a stack on the table. Place small red hearts in a pile next to the card stack.
- Pick up the first heart and say the number, then turn the card over.
- Count out one or more small hearts to fill in the outlined space(s) on the back of the card.
Can you think of other games to play with your set of Valentine cards?
Find more Valentine games and activities on our Valentine's Day Pinterest board.