15+ Canada Day Family Activities
Celebrate Canada Day with games and activities that are fun for the whole family. This list of ideas will help you plan ahead, or be prepared for spontaneous events.
This post contains affiliate links. Privacy and Disclosure
Enjoy indoor and outdoor family fun with these Canada Day theme activities. We've put together a convenient list of activities the whole family can enjoy.
These options are meant to be hands-on fun with easy setup and cleanup.
Canada Day family activities
Games and activities don't have to be formal or require a lot of rules or special equipment. The most important part of the holiday is celebrating with family and friends and neighbors.
Ideas are organized by category: outdoor play, indoor games and crafts, and community events.
Make this year's celebration the best one ever!
Keep games simple - short on rules and long on participation!
1. Pine cone trail scavenger hunt - substitute pine cones with small Canada flags!
2. Backyard games and activities - play games with balls or other toys that feature national or regional symbols.
More formal games can include badminton, croquet and horse shoes.
Look for game options with Canadian designs such as a pack of cards decorated with the 'maple leaf'. Or decorate your game pieces and props with the colors and symbols of the national flag.
3. Board games
5. Ring toss
Make decorations before the big events, or plan arts and crafts activities for rainy days, or for a change of pace in the midst of hectic activities.
Browse recreation calendars and tourist brochures to pinpoint activities in your area.
10. Sports events
12. Fireworks display
13. Outdoor movie
14. Family games in the park.
Food and Drink
Extend the festive atmosphere with special snacks and table settings.
15. Serve local foods and especially seasonal foods that contribute to the festive nature of the meal. Also. serve foods in the colors of the flag such red berries and juices, and vanilla ice cream with raspberry topping.
16. Purchase themed napkins, paper plates, and paper cups from a dollar store.
17. Make handmade place markers made with the 'maple leaf' design cut from paper napkins.
Print this handy check-list with ideas for Canada Day!
Canada Day on Pinterest
Keep fun and learning going all summer long
with activities from Preschool Lesson Plans!
Preschool Lesson Plans (affiliate link)
Exciting Lesson plans for your early learning program!