15+ Canada Day Family Activities
Celebrate Canada Day with games and activities that are fun for the whole family. This list of ideas will help you plan ahead, or be prepared for spontaneous events.
This post contains affiliate links. Privacy and Disclosure
We've put together a convenient list of activities the whole family can enjoy.
Ideas are organized for outdoor play, indoor games and crafts, and community events to make this year's celebration the best one ever!
Keep games simple - short on rules and long on participation!
1. Pine cone trail scavenger hunt - substitute pine cones with small Canada flags!
2. Backyard games and activities - play games with balls or other toys that feature Canadian symbols.
Look for game options with Canada Day designs such as a pack of cards decorated with the 'maple leaf'. Or decorate your game pieces with the colors and symbols of the national flag.
3. Board games
5. Ring toss
Plan for arts and crafts activities to make decorations before the big events, for rainy days, or for a change of pace in the midst of hectic activities.
Browse recreation calendars and tourist brochures to pinpoint activities in your area.
10. Sports events
12. Fireworks display
13. Outdoor movie
14. Family games in the park
Related: Canada Day Family Activities pdf
Food and Drink
Extend the festive atmosphere with special snacks and table settings.
15. Serve red and white themed food and drinks such as red berries and juices, vanilla ice cream with cherry topping.
16. Purchase napkins, paper plates, and paper cups with a Canada theme from a dollar store.
17. Make handmade place markers made with the 'maple leaf' design cut from paper napkins.
Canada Day on Pinterest
Keep fun and learning going all summer long with activities from Preschool Lesson Plans!
Preschool Lesson Plans (affiliate link)
Exciting Lesson plans for your early learning program!