Autumn Activities for Preschoolers
This roundup of autumn activities for preschoolers includes all the crafts and activities found on the Preschool Toolkit blog. Activities include crafts using recyclables as well as hands-on experiences with natural materials.
Privacy and Disclosure
for information on cookies and affiliates
The fall season has so much to offer for early learners. With leaves changing color and temperatures cooling, it's a perfect time of year to engage kids in hands-on exploration and discovery.
Autumn activities support development of early learning skills in many ways:
- The colors, sounds and smells of autumn contribute to sensory learning.
- Colorful leaves can be used in crafts fro creative and fin motor play.
- Expanding vocabulary to name colors builds language skills.
- Nature walks provide gross motor activities.
- Observing changes in nature supports science and math.
The fall season is overflowing with colors and textures that inspire both indoor and outdoor play with kids.
We've got you covered with pumpkin and leaf activities, felt board and finger play activities, and so much more.
This post lists all the autumn activities on the blog. The wide variety of crafts and activities will help you plan a well-rounded daily or weekly schedule that includes science, sensory, gross motor, fine motor and creative experiences.